Rugged, refined and right-sized, the all-new Seltos energizes the Entry SUV segment with a personality all its own. As a utility vehicle with an abundance of attitude, the Seltos arrives in the U.S. with modern styling and a penchant for adventure, whether that means everyday driving around town or in the wilderness on weekends. Complementing Kia’s robust SUV lineup, and following on the heels of the Telluride, the Seltos slots between the popular Soul and Sportage models, providing a comfortable and tech-savvy cabin, a choice of two well-tested engines include a spirited 175-horsepower 1.6-liter turbo, and an available all-wheel drive system1 with torque vectoring control and a lock mode to handle more severe road conditions. It is available in five trims: LX, EX, S 2.0L, S 1.6T and SX. Looking at all it has to offer, it’s no wonder the 2021 Kia Seltos is poised and ready to become a true contender in one of the fastest growing segments in the industry when it goes on-sale in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2020. While complete pricing will be available closer to the Seltos’ on-sale date, the LX AWD will have a starting price below $22,000 and the S FWD will have a similar starting price.
Similar to Telluride’s design theme, the Seltos is a marriage of bold design and delicate details, and stands apart from rivals with its strong, upright stance. The tall front end and 7.2-inch ground clearance translate to a tough attitude and an adventurous spirit. ts assertive presence is spearheaded by Kia’s signature tiger nose grille that includes unexpected diamond-like detail. And the optional two-tone roof gives Seltos an added layer of coolness and character. Other key design features include:
- Long wheelbase and hood for a robust and substantial look
- Eye-catching red wheel center caps hint at performance
- Eye-catching 17-, and 18-inch alloy wheels give Seltos an up-level appearance and stance befitting its bold personality
- Wide instrument panel has a high-tech feel with an asymmetrical design that skews toward the driver
- An abundance of cargo space that can be expanded by lowering the adjustable luggage board
- Spacious and versatile cabin with generous hip, shoulder, leg and head room in both rows, offering more interior volume than most rivals
Adventure in Style
The Seltos outclasses its class with an upscale look and feel throughout its well-appointed cabin. Whether it’s a quick trip around town or a longer adventure “into the wild,” owner and occupants will enjoy premium details and convenience features such as:
- Clean and sophisticated gauge cluster – 3.5”-in. OLED (LX, S, EX) and 7-in. Supervision (SX)
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob (S, EX, SX)
- Sliding front console cover (S, EX, SX)
- Fractal pattern Bose speakers and six sophisticated color themes echo the sound connected mood lighting found in the iconic Soul. The mood light changes color and intensity based on volume level (SX).
- Rear air vent and USB charging port for convenience of backseat passengers (EX and SX)
- Two-step reclining rear seat functionality enhances second row comfort level (standard on all trims)
Seltos is engineered to deliver a comfortable, capable and confidence-inspiring experience for both driver and passengers. A number of elements contribute to Seltos’ composed ride and lively driving performance:
- 2.0L 4-cylinder MPI engine producing 146 horsepower and 132 lb.-ft. of torque, managed by an Intelligent Variable Transmission (IVT) (LX, S and EX)
- 1.6L Turbo GDI engine outputting 175 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. of torque, paired with a 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) (S and SX)
- MacPherson strut front suspension; Coupled Torsion Beam Axle (CTBA) rear suspension on front-wheel drive models and Multi-link rear suspension on all-wheel drive models
- Choice of three drive modes – Normal, Eco, Sport – each using specific settings for powertrain, drivetrain and steering mapping to provide the desired driving experience
- Available active on-demand all-wheel drive (AWD) system, similar in technological design to the award-winning Telluride, provides all-weather capabilities and enhanced driving performance with a center locking differential that splits power equally between the front and rear wheels for more severe environments. The AWD system also makes use of torque vectoring, which increases traction by predicting which wheel will best utilize power in a given on-road situation. This enhances stability in corners and gives the vehicle more connection to the road.
Technology — Connectivity, Safety, Driver Assistance
Seltos is packed with technology features, including the“Kia Drive Wise” suite of Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems as well as a wide array of standard and optional equipment. Tech highlights include:
- Available 10.25-inch high-resolution color touchscreen with satellite radio, UVO telematics, navigation and split-screen display.
- First time in Kia available 8-speaker Bose premium sound system
- Available wireless smartphone charging
- Available three total USB charging ports
- Available multi-Bluetooth wireless connectivity allows two phones to connect simultaneously
- Available “Kia Drive Wise” Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS)