The Kia brand’s latest arrival, the 2021 K5 is equipped with some of the latest and greatest in-car entertainment features. One of the biggest standouts s the addition of wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto —two firsts for the Kia brand.
These two wireless connectivity features can be found in each model in the 2021 Kia K5 lineup, even the base LX trim level. This guide will show yu how to connect to wireless Apple CarPlay in the 2021 Kia K5 so you can get connected the second you get behind the wheel.
Set Up Wireless Apple CarPlay in a Kia
Getting started with Apple CarPlay in your Kia vehicle is easy, whether it’s a wired connection or wireless. To set up wireless Apple CarPlay® in your Kia K5, complete the following quick steps:
- Turn on your Kia vehicle.
- Activate Siri on your iPhone.
- Adjust the settings in your vehicle’s infotainment center and put the system in Bluetooth mode.
- Using your iPhone, navigate to your Settings and click General then CarPlay.
- Once in the CarPlay settings select Available Cars then select your vehicle.
Adjust Apple CarPlay Apps and Settings
Using Apple CarPlay in your Kia makes your day-to-day drives that much easier. With the help of Siri, your iPhone and Apple CarPlay work seamlessly together to give you suggestions each time you get in your vehicle. If you have HomeKit-enabled accessories in your home, by connecting your phone to your vehicle’s infotainment system with Apple CarPlay you can use your vehicle and Siri to control various systems in your home, such as opening and closing the garage door.
When your phone device is connected to Apple CarPlay you will see available apps from your phone displayed on your Kia vehicle’s infotainment screen. Adjusting the apps and settings for CarPlay is easy and can be done so through your smartphone. To adjust the system’s settings and display options, complete the following steps:
- Using your iOS device, navigate to your Settings app and click General then CarPlay.
- Select your connected vehicle then tap Customize.
- Use the + and – buttons to add or remove applications from your display. By tapping and dragging an app you can rearrange the order the icons appear in on your vehicle’s display.
Wireless Apple CarPlay in the Kia K5 will change the way you interact with your vehicle’s infotainment system on the road. This guide will help you get your iPhone connected to your new K5 vehicle using the newly available wireless Apple CarPlay system.
Find your all new 2021 Kia K5 at i25 Kia here.